Thursday, August 30, 2018

Yay Paint Party Friday

Hi Everyone!

I have had a very prolific week.  My exhibit leather art is finished and just making extra pieces just in case. LOL.  Sooo I have been able to paint a bit.  Just a bit. All of these are what I call paint-overs. You know painted canvases that I just didn't like and painted over them.  First though a big thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting  Paint Party Friday. To all of the artist I look forward to seeing what you have created. Now for the fun. Click on the photos to see a better view.
This first piece is 24x48" gallery canvas
"Splintered Sun"

 This is a 12x12x3" deep gallery canvas
"The Gathering" Start in the middle.
 Now many of you know that blue is my least favorite color. I have a hard time working with it in any venue. The color blue is a strong color that tends to float. An equally strong but not overpowering color needs to be added to hold it down. A lesson from my Grandmother when I was young.
This is a 16x12" gallery canvas. I posted all of these to get friends to help name the paintings. This one had a lot of entries but nothing connected with me. If you have a name let me know in your comment.
 Trying to work with blue is very difficult for me. 
The umber and yellows helped me figure this one out.
 After this one I felt like I was making progress 
with working with blue. 
We will see the next time I paint. LOL
This is 16x20" gallery canvas.
"Flying Through The Blue"
 So that is what I was able to accomplish I think I did pretty well. Leave a comment, let me know what you think and if you have a name for the third painting. Have a great weekend!


Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I instantly saw a native dancer and a white light bow.........so dancing with light bow would be what I'd see it as. You are making vast progress with your blues. Donna

Christine said...

Lovely paint-overs Nicole and great for recycling canvases.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the canvases, especially the beautiful blues. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Great paintings and paint overs Nicole...you were busy.
Just a thought for the third painting ..."Feathered Confetti" ~

Happy PPF

Clare Lloyd said...

Super canvases

sirkkis said...

Gorgeous canvas paintings, Nicole. I really love - and especially blue ones. You succeeded with blue fabulously.
Happy PPF xx

Linda Kunsman said...

Fun and colorful paintings Nicole. Happy PPF!

Gillena Cox said...

Wow!!! Your paint overs are gorgeous

Happy PPF Nicole

Much🇹🇹love

Jean said...

Bold paintings! Funny you have issues working with blue. That seems to be the color I use the most.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my I adore the movement you have created within each painting. Amazing creations!!
Thank you for sharing & Happy PPF Tracey xx

Jennifer Rose said...

I think your blue paintings look pretty good :)

denthe said...

Wow Nicole, these paintings have so much energy and movement. Great work!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow girl, you were rocking it with these! They are amazing! I have to say, I love your blue paintings! Thinking a name for you. "Shooting Star", "Kissing Winds Of Love", "Everything Is Possible", "Never Stop Reaching". Those are just a few names that came to me, when looking at that painting! Big Hugs!

Victoria said...

Gorgeous works...these are all wonderful and visually fantastic..such beauty and energy in them all..I love the textures and layers and vibrancy! I love blues, very soulful!
Victoria

John said...

Hi, Nicole. Glad the exhibition went well. Love all the pieces in this post, especially the blues. So expressive.

carol l mckenna said...

Nicole ~ such creative energy expressed in your dynamic paintings ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

BLOGitse said...

Hi Nicole! I like these names: 'dancing with light bow' and 'Everything Is Possible'.
I'm a blue person too. And turquoise. And orange. hahah I love all clean colors but mainly cold ones...
Happy to back!
Have a good week!

Abigail Davidson said...

Hi Nicole, so happy to be visiting again! Loving the dynamic movement in your work - I actually love the blue pieces - gorgeous!

NatureFootstep said...

I think you did great with the blue ones. About the first blue I was emidietly thinking wild water. Maybe "untamed"

Lisabella Russo said...

Wow! These are so bold and expressive. I love them. Blue is one of my favorite colors, I think you did well with it.