Thursday, August 23, 2018

Paint Party Friday 8/23

Hi Everyone!

I had the best day with a visit from one on my Facebook friends.  She was driving home along the Oregon coast from a visit to her brother's I was thrilled she had called a few days earlier so we could meet up. We had the best visit. I made dinner, we talked family, beads, art and much more. 
So easy like we have known each other for life or a past life. 
I also managed to get two more leather pieces done this week for my exhibit. It is just a few weeks away. In addition it is my SIL's birthday today. I sent off his gifts and wanted to share one that I made for him.  I also did a quick draw but when I took the photo I saw waayyyyy to many flaws and decided not to show it tonight. LOL
First though a big thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting 
Paint Party Friday. I am looking forward 
to seeing all the art this week. 
Leather first. Most of you know I live on the beach in OR. I don't like it. I don't like sea art, I don't like nautical things in my house and I really don't like making ocean art. With that said, I figured for my exhibit I should make at least 
one or two piece that reflect the area. 
So abstract leather Whale
 And Sail Boat

 This is a cigar box that I sanded then did this layered painting to get this wonderful effect.
This is one of my SIL's birthday gifts.

The inside is lined with Nicole's BeadBacking Then a silver turquoise piece that actually belonged to  my SIL's mother. So I know when he opens the box he will be happy.

This is my friend who came to visit me. When I saw this photo my thought was, "I feel so short"  and then I remembered, "OH I am short." LOLOLOLOL 

 Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

20 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely work as always, glad you had a fun meetup! Interesting that you don’t like doing seascapes yet you live by the sea, ironic really.

Clare Lloyd said...

You have been busy, great projects.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art. glad you had a wonderful day with your friend. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Very beautiful sculptures Nicole! You have an amazing talent~
Happy PPF!!!

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely box, bet she will love it.

lisa said...

don't you love when friends pop in . I love the whale and sail boat .hugs xo

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Great artworks! I love the abstract leather whale...Happy PPF!

Linda Kunsman said...

Wonderful sculptures Nicole. How nice to be able to meet a cyber friend in person! And I just found out we are opposites because I LOVE the beach, and boats and such and cannot get enough of it. So I really appreciate your effort in making beachy themed art:) Happy PPF!

SLScheibe said...

I think your abstract pieces are really pretty! I especially love how cool the whale looks. It's fabulous! How fun to meet a FB friend for real! :)

carol l mckenna said...

Love the whale and sailboat abstract art ~ soooo creative!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I experienced that "short" feeling a couple of times too when looking on shots. :)
You don´t loke the ocean? I love it. Especially when it is windy :)
I like the whale and your sailing boat :)

Gillena Cox said...

Great seeing you in that photo. Thanks for your art share today
Happy PPF Nicole

much👩‍🎨love

A Colorful World said...

Love the cigar box! The leather piece is very interesting. How nice to meet up with a facebook friend!

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh I love your whale and sailboat! I am glad you decided to create them. I'm also glad you had such a nice visit with your friend.

Jennifer Rose said...

you don't look that short :)

really neat leather whale :)

Magic Love Crow said...

What a great time you had with your friend from facebook! I love the picture! I'm short too! LOL! Gorgeous leather pieces! So cool the way you did them Nicole! The box for you SIL is gorgeous!! Big Hugs!

peppylady (Dora) said...

sails are a mysties to me

artbyjune said...

Looks like you had a GREAT week and lovely artist visit!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is delightful! I love that, you don't like the sea!!!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely effect on the cigar box.