Thursday, January 11, 2018

PAINT PARTY FRIDAY 1/12

Hi Everyone!

I had a busy but really fun week. Monday we got up at 3AM left the house at 5AM to make the three hour drive to Salem, OR. for a doctors apt. When that was done we did our shopping in Eugene,  OR. Then headed home. You would think I was ready for a nap. Hmmm no I was wide awake and at 6PM headed to the Florence library to meet my friend for the Florence Viewfinder Camera Club. It was fantastic!! I had so much fun and the members were so inviting. There was another first timer so I invited him to sit with us.  The group included us in all the activities. Yes I signed up and now a member.  So some of my art may be in the form of photographs in the future. We will have to see.  Thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosing Paint Party Friday and to all the artists who show up and share their art. 
I worked a few things this week, some I am not showing because they are not finished, but I felt a bit off 
so you get what you get this week. LOL 

I am not sure this is finished. I think I am 
going to place more lines in it.

This is a piece I wanted to do but without realizing it 
I grabbed that new paper I don't like. 
Too much tooth on it.

This is a 12x12" acrylic painting that started out to be something completely different and this is what I ended up with. LOL



 This is a woman who gave me her photo. Her head was leaning on her hand. However when I drew her hand it was HUGE. I couldn't get it right. So I took out the hand and realized she has no neck.  Just imagine she is leaning forward. LOL

 I also made up an Elephant pattern for my "Save Me" series. If you want to know what it is all about it click on this link SAVE ME

Nicole/Beadwright 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

26 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art as always Nicole. Happy PPF, hug, Valerie

Giggles said...

Wow fablous artwork. Love the ladies..the one does look like she's leaning forward! The other is so expressive! I look forward to your photos!

Peace Giggles

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are very art active. And diverse! I especially love the first painting. the lines add so much dimension and invite you to ponder what the artist might be thinking.
xx, Carol

Linda Kunsman said...

fantastic variety of art! Great way to get new inspiration too by joining a class-sounds fun. Loving your landscape painting best of all in this collection. Happy PPF!

Neesie said...

Such fantastic artwork Nicole and that Photography group sounds brilliant. I look forward to seeing what develops (sorry I couldn't resist that) Have a fun weekend especially if you're out with your camera. Happy PPF to you :D

SLScheibe said...

Wow, that 12 x 12 landscape is just gorgeous! It's hard to believe it started out as an abstract piece! Beautiful work and your colourful abstract too :)

carol l mckenna said...

Nicole ~ wonderful creations and now photography ~ Hope your hubby is doing well and sending lots of healing hugs to you both ~ xxx

Happy Friday to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Susan said...

Your artwork is done and has fabulous energy! And that 12 x 12 looks like the super moon to me. Beautiful! I have found that my camera is a great way to get quick captures that I will never attempt to paint. It is a happy marriage. Happy PPF

Christine said...

Lovely pieces this week Nicole, will look forward to some photos!

A Colorful World said...

I really really love that acrylic landscape painting! I also love the colorful first one, and the laughing lady drawing! All very nice! It looks like you have the same issues we do with getting things done...a long trip to the V.A. in Portland takes us about 3 1/2 hrs...shopping in Redmond or Bend is 35 to 50 minutes away! Fortunately we've only had to make the trip to Portland for a Dr. apt once this year. We are in Terrebonne...where are you?

sirkkis said...

I agree the landscape painting is fabulous.

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely lovely pieces. Happy PPF Nicole

muchlove...

denthe said...

I love the art you did this week Nicole. That first piece with the bright colours and the lines: wow! And you're so good in drawing teeth. That open mouth on the first sketch .... Well done! I wouldn't even attempt drawing that! I just cannot imagine having to drive three hours to go to the doctor. In Belgium it only takes four hours to cross the whole country! Glad you found a nice group to connect with. Good start of the new year :-)

Cindy Dauer said...

Oh no, such a bummer you chose the wrong paper but that first portrait is so great! Teeth are hard. And I really love the landscape, so pretty and magical. :)

Jennifer Rose said...

busy busy :) looking forward to seeing any photos :)

SandeeNC said...

Wow, all this art and now photography, you must have lots of energy, I'm such a sloth! lol

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful art. Love the first one. More lines?? Why not a moon? It is a fantasy sky :)

I see you started thinking of photography. I think you will do well. Half of the work is knowledge of the camera the other half is to see. And you have the eyes wide open for nature, art and light. And, yes, it would have been fun to teach you. And you could teach me a lot too. :)

Unknown said...

Really cool work you have got here!!happy ppf!
love shilu (desisoul arts)

artbyjune said...

Beautiful art! I love the landscape especially...very moody!

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh what lovely art! I especially love the landscape and the elephant beadwork pattern. I hope the appointment you went to went well.

Magic Love Crow said...

Nicole, you rock with your art!! That Autumn moon one is glorious! Love the no neck one too! LOL! Your photography club sounds great! Big Hugs!

Beth Niquette said...

Such lovely eclectic art..you are a talented artist, my Friend. Beautiful.

froebelsternchen said...

Such beautiful art as always Nicole.You are so talented! oxo Susi

stefanie stark said...

It's fantastic how productive you have been. My favourite is the wonderful picture of the yellow field in the summerly landscape. It really touches my soul somehow.

BLOGitse said...

So many works again, you're very productive. Do you sleep at all? :)
Sunny greetings, have a good week!

Jenn Jilks said...

These are beautiful pieces. I so honour the real artists in the crowd!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!