Tuesday, August 22, 2017

LET ME KNOW PLEASE

Hi Everyone!
I have been busy with home things and doctor things for DH. AANNNDDD on top of everything else the gods are throwing at me, I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis. WTH? I have done a lot of research and find that the treatment for this is NOT conducive to my body or my life.  I would have to take the injection of Boniva. Is anyone out there on this or another Bisphosphonate?
The side effects are very devastating. I can not afford to have even one of them. So I would like to hear from you and how it is effecting you. I have read forums and the responses are not good. I can't find a "positive" forum on these medications.  I have made my own bone building cocktail and I will request another bone scan in 6 months.  I would love to hear from you or even if you know someone on these meds.
Thank you!
 


Nicole/Beadwright
 Honor and integrity in art, in life.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear it, AND THAT i CAN't help you! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I am sorry to hear this - You can comfort yourself with the fact that many woman after the menopause suffer from that ! I would try to get a second medical opinion as well.
best wishes

Susi

DVArtist said...

Thanks Susi. I would love to get a second opinion, however we have no doctors here. They all quit last year. Our medical facility did not hire doctors or DOs they hired PAs and mine is one can short of a six pack. I am trying someone in the next town over.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I know that back in the 80's the man I worked for had it. Boniva was not invented yet. I have found that most doctors will give meds that are currently the new thing. But sometimes the older things worked too but they don't mention them. There HAS to be some other medication that you can take. I'll be interested to know if you have good results with what you are doing.
xx, Carol

Jennifer Rose said...

sorry to read that :( hopefully you can find something to help that fits better for you.

Runs in my family, thankfully no signs of it yet but have to keep on eye on it since people have broken bones because of it :/

GlorV1 said...



Medications for Osteoporosis




Drug name
Hi Nicole. Here are some of the meds for osteo. Sorry to hear about that. I found out I have diabetes along with my arthritis. Bummer. Hope you can get some help. I'm on Instagram glorv1. stop by some time. Used some of your oils the other day. The house smelled great.

Rx / OTC
Reviews

Fosamax Rx C 12 reviews
alendronate Rx C 18 reviews
Actonel Rx C 13 reviews
Boniva Rx C 25 reviews

Magic Love Crow said...

Nicole, I am so sorry my friend!! How about magnesium??? I know that is good stuff! My mom takes the highest dose. Look into it! Sending you positive, healing prayers!! Big Hugs and Much Love!