Monday, May 22, 2017

PLAYING WITH ELLIMORPH

Hi Everyone!

It is a gorgeous day today in Florence. Warm sunny day. Finally. I have been out most of the day just taking in the warmth. Early this AM however, I did start the making of some hands for a project I am working on. Normally I make an armature and start layering on the clay or paper mache. Today I thought I would see how the Ellimorph works. OMG!! so easy and so much fun. The best part is that you just put it on then you can sand it, cut it, and if you want put it back in hot water to reshape it. I also have a small heating tool that I can shape with as well. I love this stuff!!!!
So here is the rough, first stage of the hands. 

 These hands will be sanded, trimmed and then pasted over then added to the art project.





Heating tool to melt the Ellimorph to shape.
 Nicole/Beadwright 

Honor and integrity in art, in life.

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks fascinating, I have never seen that stuff before, must look it up on the net. Have fun! Hugs, Valerie

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Years ago my husband worked at a plastic molding plant called Thermoplastics. He brought home pellets that I used in dolls. Now I wonder if they might be similar to this product. I just might try to melt some and see what happens. Your hand looks great.
xx, Carol

froebelsternchen said...

What an interesting material - wow--- looking forward to seeing the completed project !
oxo Susi

Jennifer Rose said...

neat, looking good :)

Magic Love Crow said...

So cool Nicole!!