Wednesday, March 29, 2017

ART EVERYDAY WITH A MEANING 88

Hi Everyone!

I woke up,  got my coffee turned on the TV and the news was on. OMG!!! Has my (the US) country everr been in so much scandalous chaos? Yes there have been other presidents and parties that have riled things up, but this dangerous fiasco is appalling.  Yes I changed the channel. I can't do this first thing in the morning.  YIKES!!

So off to art. Yesterday I finished a gourd face that has been sitting on my table for a very long time.  Cut, cleaned, and painted black. I never have a plan when I create, I almost always have a candle light and some sage or sweet grass burning off to the side and then I just start. When I started decorating this piece it fell together with all the circles. In my tribe the circle has many meanings but the most prominent meaning is symbolic of equality, where no person is better or more prominent than the next. Where each person can speak with acceptance and respect. A circle within a circle represents family ties, and protection. So when I was finished with this it all made sense to me with the climate of my country.

"Equality and Protection"
 Painted gourd with horse hair, acrylic paints, wood beads and crystals.
 This is 88 pieces of finished art in 88 days

Nicole/Beadwright
 Honor and integrity in art, in life.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your gourd and the meaning of your symbolism. Well done on keeping up. I never watch the news in the morning either....Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh how I love that! It's beautiful and the symbolism is wonderful.

Carol said...

Oh Nicole This is fantastic!!!! I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it ♥♥♥

Jennifer Rose said...

the news is depressing but its like a train wreck, you cant stop looking :/

great symbolism in your gourd :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We need more people to think in circles. I listen to the news in the morning. I have to know what happened over night. Then I'm done with it for the day. I want the news...not all day programs of commentators giving me their opinion on the on going events. I prefer to read the news anyway.

I like your gourd. Do the colors have any significance?
xx, Carol

Magic Love Crow said...

Stunning piece Nicole and it's so meaningful! Big Hugs!

riitta k said...

That is genius - wishing you a creative week!