Saturday, August 16, 2014

INTRODUCING TERESA PUGH

Hi Everyone!

It dawned on me today that in May of 2006 I started writing this blog. I had actually signed up for it a year before that but never really thought I had anything to say or that anyone would read it. Who would ever have thought that something like a blog  would bring so much joy, so many wonderful people into my life. Thank you for 8 amazing years.
 
One of the topics I share with my readers is who is creating what and why. Teresa (Terry) creates wire jewelry  that just pulls me in. There is something grounded in the simple elegance of her pieces.
The feel that they came from a time long ago.
 
Without further ado, in her own words I introduce Teresa (Terry) Pugh

Hello, my name is Teresa Pugh 
I am an eclectic artist/jewelry designer with a love to recycle whenever I can. Taking bits n pieces from broken or discarded treasures is exciting to me. I love taking something ordinary and turning it into something extraordinary. When it comes to color, I’m not shy. The bolder the better. My jewelry is mostly "one of a kind'W but, I am always happy to work with you on requests. Working with wire and stones is very therapeutic and relaxing for me. I am challenged with some health issues so, for now, I create from home and make jewelry when I am able. I am self taught for the most part but, I have invested in many books by some talented artists, as well.  Much love and energy goes into each piece I create. I am currently creating so that I can build an inventory for my Etsy store. I also show my work locally and exhibit in shows and fairs. My goals are to venture out into metal clay, ceramic beads and more metal work. Among making jewelry, some of my other interests and hobbies are, acrylics, watercolor, photography, crochet, sculpture, music and animals. 
 
Here are just a few beautiful pieces or Terry's





 

Visit some or all of the links below to see more of Terry's beautiful art, make sure you say hello and tell her Nicole sent you.
 
 
Nicole/Beadwright
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

love the last 2 pieces very Celtic looking

Terry Pugh said...

You're such a sweetie, Nicole! Thank you for featuring me and my work on your blog.
Many blessings to you. Thank you, as well Lorraine, I am very drawn to Celtic style.
Terry

Anonymous said...

such beautiful work!

Kokopelli said...

Terry, such wonderful wirework! I can't pick a fav. Thanks for sharing, Nicole, and I hope you're getting better each day.

bobbybegood1 said...

i am just blown away. how stunning, artistic, original masterpieces you create. they are drop-dead gorgeous. i know your earring collection must be to die for. thanks nicole and terry for sharing. all i can say is WOW! and yes, feel better nicole. going over right now to visit terry's site. cheers!!

Magic Love Crow said...

These pieces are amazing! I love them!

myra anderson said...

these are some beautiful pieces!!!!!