Wednesday, February 29, 2012

METAL CLAY FUSION REVIEW

Hi Everyone!
Today I received another of Larks Master books. I have to say that this is the most impressive book that I have read in a very long time. Metal Clay Fusion by Gordon K. Uyehara captures his audience from the first page. I found a connection to what Gordon writes in part of his intro; "I always design first, so you may notice that none of the projects are conceived around a technique. Rather, the techniques are provided to fulfil a design goal." It is exactly how I create and so from the very first I was captivated with this book. There is a clear and very in depth description of tools and materials that flows easily to the fundamentals of the metal clay work. Each step is precise with photos. The projects are exciting, fresh and can be used with other clay formats. There are 22 projects to complete that will allow you to explore the techniques of this great master. His artistic skill pours off of the pages that makes you want to know more,
to feel more, and to create more.
If you are a clay worker in any medium or if you want to be this is the book of 2012. It is truly brilliant!
Metal Clay Fusion
Gordon K. Uyehare
Lark Crafts Asheville
ISBN 978-1-60059-697-1







Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow!!
gorgeous!!