Monday, December 26, 2011

CHAINS CHAINS CHAINS

Hi Everyone!
I hope all of you had a wonderful day yesterday. I don't celebrate Christmas but it seems to be a time where I am on the phone with every family member I have. It was nice.
To start this week off I want to share with you a book entitled "Chains Chains Chains". Now for all of you "oldies" every time I see this book all that goes through my head is Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin. Now those were the days of great music. LOL Anyway when I first saw this book my thought was, "ooh another book on buying chain and making jewelry." sigghhhhh.... However once I opened the book and saw exactly what it was, I could not have been happier.
Chains Chains Chains 25 necklaces bracelets & earrings takes you to the very beginnings of chain jewelry. Yes this magnificent book shows you how to make the chains first. I love this!!!! Joanna Gollberg and Nathalie Mornu have taken away the mystery of creating chain. Each project is complete with description and what you will need to accomplish the task. There is texture and depth to the chains that are in this book. There is life in the metal when it is all done properly and then designed into a wearable piece. If  making your own components for jewelry is what you enjoy the you will want this book.
A great book for metal and jewelry artists.
Chains Chains Chains
25 necklaces bracelets & earrings
By Joanna Gollberg and Nathalie Mornu
Lark Crafts An Imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc New York
ISBN 978-1-60059-598-1





Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

2 comments:

Sarah Sequins said...

That book looks awesome!

It's hard for me to get excited about chain books and projects unless I'm making the actual chain, so this looks like a good book for me.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Ann said...

chains..seems so difficult.
i love to make jewelry,but wirework only encompasses the basic wrapped loop for me!!.
i've always been impressed by those who have the ability to create beautiful pieces from a piece of wire.
aretha!!!..chain,chain,chain..........oknow that song is going to go through my head all day!!!
have a great day my friend!!