Friday, August 26, 2011

FACES FINALLY FINISHED

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my mom. She seems to be doing better. Extremely tired and achy but with the meds none of the icky part of the flu.

This is a good day for the 3 Fs, Faces Finally Finished. I had these faces carved, plastered, leathered and waiting for me to finishes them for months now. Last week I decided enough was enough and everything sitting on my work table that needs to be completed is getting completed. Here are the two faces.

Both so different
 Coil Me Up is a face covered in Pig hide. Very soft and the color is amazing.
I couldn't resist the copper wire.

African Queen is just that she is so elegant. The leather is deer suede dies purple.
The jewelry is a part of a very large front and back necklace I created in 1987. I works perfectly here.
 The head piece is African Porcupine Quill died purple with Saddle Natural Furnace Roaster Feathers.

Both pieces were air brushed to lighten and heighten the leather folds.
For any one who has been to my  house they know I have faces covering my walls in every room especially my living room.

Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

8 comments:

Juli Cannon said...

Love them!!!!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Fantastatic piezas!

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Creatively unique...wonderful colors!
Joyful Weekend,
-Eva Maria

Chris said...

WOW, these are fabulous and I love the colours and all the gorgeous textures. Hope you're well now. :)

Jan said...

Very cool, especially the second one.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Very unique pieces! Glad to hear your Mom is feeling somewhat better.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very cool and unique to me. Where did you find inspiration for having the faces done this way in leather? How big are they? I have lots of questions. I have never seen anything like it, but then, I don't get out much ~lol~

Dede said...

They are gorgeous! Thrilled to hear that you too have lots of unfinished pieces on your table, I am not alone. Wishing you a terrific weekend!

(((HUGS)))